Review of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules on Female-Led Small Business
The Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman is examining the impact of the implementation of the 1 July 2022 changes to the Commonwealth Procurement Rules on small and family businesses.The changes are:
- unbundling of major projects where appropriate
- right-sizing insurance requirements and not requiring a business to take out the insurance policy until the contract is awarded
- allowing the Department of Defence to source directly from SMEs for contracts up to $500,000
- requiring that 20% of Commonwealth procurements by value be sourced from SMEs
- requiring that procuring officials consider a procurement’s broader impact on climate change when undertaking a value-for-money assessment.